Quest Gel eliminates a variety of internal parasites
and bots in horses and ponies. It is effective against large and small
strongyles, roundworms, pinworms, encysted cyathostomes, hairworms,
large-mouth stomach worms, and stomach bots. It is easily administered
through an oral syringe and requires only a single dose.
Benefits of Quest Gel:
- Removes a number of internal parasites and stomach
- Suppresses strongyle egg production for 84 days
- Prevents complications associated with untreated
internal parasite infections
- Easy oral administration of palatable gel with manufacturer-provided
- Treats parasites with one use
- Safe for use in estrual and pregnant mares and breeding
- Safe for foals over 6 moths old
- Low-cost product available over the counter
Read the instructions and precautionary statements
provided by the manufacturer before using Quest Gel.
Use exactly as recommended by your veterinarian.
Quest Gel's SURE-DIAL® syringes are calibrated
in 50-lb. increments up to 1,150 lbs.
- Make sure the horse or pony's mouth is completely clear of feed.
- Dose at 0.4 mg moxidectin per 2.2 lbs. of body weight.
- Turn the green dial ring on the plunger until its
left side is aligned with the animal's weight.
- Remove the cap from the tip of the oral syringe.
- Insert the syringe into the animal's mouth at the space between the teeth so the product
winds up on the back of the tongue.
- Depress the plunger until it stops.
- Take the syringe out of the horse or pony's mouth and gently elevate its head to encourage
- Replace the cap on the syringe.
Frequency of Use:
Quest Gel is administered in a single dose.
Leftover product may be used in a second animal.
Add the second animal's weight to the weight at which the plunger
is already set. For example, if the first horse weighed 500 lbs. and
the second horse weight 600 lbs., move the green ring to the 1,100 lb.
increment. Remember that one syringe only treats up to 1,150 lbs.
Keep out of reach of children and animals.
Store Quest Gel at temperatures no higher than 77
degrees F. Avoid freezing. If product is frozen, thaw fully before use.
Secure cap over syringe when storing remaining product.
It is a violation of Federal
Law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling.
Moxidectin, the active ingredient in Quest Gel, disrupts
certain neurotransmissions in parasites (but not in mammals). This results
in their paralysis, after which they are readily excreted from the horse
or pony's gastrointestinal tract.
Quest Gel Active Ingredients (per mL): Moxidectin 20 mg
Keep Quest Gel out of reach of children and animals.
Do not use or store in or near open flame or heat.
Quest Gel is only intended for use in horses and
ponies that are at least 6 months old. Do not administer to other animals.
This product is associated with serious adverse reactions in other animals,
including death in dogs. Not for use in humans.
CAUTION: Not for use in animals intended
Not for use in sick, debilitated, or underweight
Temporary recumbency, ataxia, and depression may
be seen in young or debilitated animals after use. Consult your veterinarian
for care instructions.
Exercise extreme caution when administering to foals
or miniature animals. Overdose is associated with serious adverse effects.
Individual sensitivities may result from administration.
Consult your veterinarian about any side effects.
If inadvertently ingested by a human, induce vomiting
and contact a physician or poison control center immediately. Wash exposed
skin well with soap and water. In the event of contact with eyes, flush
repeatedly with clean water. If irritation or another reaction persists,
see your doctor.
This product may be harmful to some aquatic life.
Do not contaminate water.
Dispose of Quest Gel containers in an approved landfill
or by incineration.
To report adverse drug reactions or to obtain a copy
of the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) call (800)477-1365.
Warranty and Manufacturer Information:
NADA 141-087, Approved by FDA
U.S. Patent No. 4,916,154
© 2005 Fort Dodge Animal Health. All Rights Reserved.
Fort Dodge Animal Health, Fort Dodge, Iowa 50501
Revised December 2006
NAC No.: 10031787