Ketoconazole Pet Medications for Fish
Fish Fungus is an antibiotic for fish that contains ketoconazole. Fish Fungus pet meds are effective against certain gram positive and gram negative bacterial infections. Fish Fungus contains 200 mg of Ketoconazole and is available in bottles of 30 tablets.
Fish Fungus treats a range of potentially devastating
bacterial and fungal diseases in fish, including gill diseases, Aeromonas
and Pseudomonas genera, and Chondrococcus. The antifungal medication
works rapidly to eliminate infection and improve health and activity
Benefits of Fish Fungus:
- Broad-spectrum antifungal medication
- Effectively treats Histoplasma, Coccidioides, malassezia,
and Blastomyces in small animals
- Clears infections within days in most cases
- Once-daily dosing treats entire tank
- Treats infections caused by fungus, bacteria, and
- Effective against gram-positive and some gram-negative
Use this medication only as directed by your veterinarian.
The water in your tank may turn yellow during treatment.
This is harmless. Partial water changes and use of a charcoal filter
will clear the water.
Directions for Ornamental Fish:
- Add one tablet to your tank for every 50 gallons
- Perform a partial water change and then repeat the
treatment by adding one tablet per 50 gallons to your tank.
- Continue treatments once daily for at least 5 days.
- Discontinue treatments if no improvement is noted
after 5 days.
Directions for Cats and Dogs:
- Give dogs 5 to 7 mg per lb. of body weight every
8 to 12 hours by mouth.
- Give cats 2 to 5 mg per lb. of body weight every
5 to 12 hours by mouth.
Frequency of Use:
Treatment of fish should continue for a minimum of
5 and a maximum of 10 days. Do not exceed 10 days of treatment unless
specifically told to do so by your veterinarian.
Store Fish Fungus at controlled room temperature,
between 59 and 86 degrees F., away from excess moisture and heat. Keep
away from children and animals.
It is a violation of Federal
Law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling.
Fish Fungus contains ketoconazole, a potent anti-fungal
medication effective against a variety of fungi, yeast, and gram-positive
and gram-negative bacteria in fish. Fish fungus is sometimes used off-label
to treat ringworm, yeast infections, and systemic fungal infections
in small animals.
Active Ingredients: 200 mg Ketoconazole
Keep Fish Fungus out of reach of children and animals.
Do not use or store in or near open flame or heat.
Fish Fungus is intended for use in in aquarium and
ornamental fish only. Do not use in fish intended for human consumption.
May sometimes be used in dogs and cats. Not for humans.
CAUTION: Monitor liver activity of animals
Do not use Fish Fungus in animals with a known allergy
to it or to similar medications.