Diarrhea Treatment for Pets
K-Pectin is a diarrhea treatment for a number
of species. It is an easily dosed and administered liquid. Not only
do K-Pectin pet medications help stop diarrhea, but they also provide relief from the
cramps, queasiness, and other discomfort and irritation that accompany
K-Pectin helps stop diarrhea in pets. It also soothes
associated irritation, discomfort, and cramping. This easily administered,
palatable product is for use in a variety of animals, including cats,
dogs, ferrets, birds, sheep, goats, and small animals.
Benefits of K-Pectin:
- Helps stop diarrhea
- Absorbs toxins in the gastrointestinal tract
- Remedies gastrointestinal upset and irritation resulting
- Soothes with natural soluble fiber
- Safe and effective in many types of pets
- Palatable for ready acceptance
- Easily administered liquid drops that may be offered
directly or mixed with food, feed, or water
Review label instructions and warnings prior to use.
One tsp. of K-Pectin is approximately the equivalent
of 75 drops. One tbsp. of K-Pectin is approximately the equivalent of
Ask your veterinarian about dosing in your sheep
Use as recommended by your veterinarian.
- Shake bottle well before each use.
- Offer K-Pectin directly, or add it to water, food,
- Administer 1 tsp. every 4 hours to ferrets and small
- Administer 1 tsp. every 4 hours to cats and dogs
weighing up to 5 lbs.
- Administer 2 tsp. every 4 hours to cats and dogs
weighing 6-15 lbs.
- Administer 1 tbsp. every 4 hours to cats and dogs
weighing 16-30 lbs.
- Administer 2 tbsp. every 4 hours to cats and dogs
weighing more than 30 lbs.
- Administer 1 to 3 drops to keets, canaries, and finches
as recommended by your veterinarian.
- Administer 3 to 8 drops to lories, cockatiels, and
love birds as recommended by your veterinarian.
- Administer 10 to 20 drops to Amazons, African Greys,
and mynahs as recommended by your veterinarian.
- Administer 26 to 50 drops to macaws, toucans, and
cockatoos as recommended by your veterinarian.
Frequency of Use:
Small animals, ferrets, cats, and dogs should be
dosed every 4 hours as needed. Use as directed by your veterinarian
in other animals. Noticeable improvement should be apparent within 2
to 3 days. If not, discontinue use and consult your veterinarian.
Keep out of reach of children and animals.
Store K-Pectin at room temperature between 59 and
86 degrees F.
It is a violation of Federal
Law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling.
K-Pectin combines two active ingredients to treat
diarrhea and relieve accompanying symptoms. Kaolin absorbs toxins present
in the gastrointestinal tract that trigger diarrhea. Pectin, a soluble
fiber found in citrus fruits, bulks stools to provide relief from symptoms.
K-Pectin Ingredients (per fl oz/2
tbsp.): kaolin 90 gm and pectin 4 gm
in a palatable liquid base with added color and flavor
Keep K-Pectin out of reach of children and animals.
Do not use or store in or near open flame or heat.
K-Pectin is only intended for use in cats, dogs,
ferrets and other small animals, sheep, goats, and birds. Do not administer
to other species. Not for use in humans.
Consult your veterinarian before using K-Pectin in
CAUTION: If an animal's condition
does not noticeably improve within 2 to 3 days, discontinue administration
and consult your veterinarian.
Individual sensitivities may result from use. If
you observe an adverse reaction in an animal, contact your veterinarian.
Ask your veterinarian before concomitantly administering
any other supplement or drug.
Warranty and Manufacturer Information:
SOGEVAL Laboratories, Inc.
4027 Tampa Road, Suite 3000
Oldsmar, FL 34677
Tel : 800.877.0177
Fax : 866-398-7095