Fish Cillin is a broad-spectrum antibiotic for fish
that treats and prevents numerous common bacterial infections, including
flexibacter infections and fin and tail rot. A single capsule treats
an entire tank of fish, with most symptoms improving within days of
Benefits of Fish Cillin:
- Broad-spectrum activity
- Improves activity and energy levels in fish
- Can be used in cats and dogs
- Conveniently available over the counter
- Effective against gram-positive and certain gram-negative
- Treats skin, respiratory, and urinary tract infections
in dogs, cats, and small animals
- Treat entire tank at once instead of treating individual
- Usually well tolerated
Use only as directed by your veterinarian. Do not
give this medication to fish or other animals with an allergy to it
or to penicillin. Do not allow children to administer this medication.
- Add one 250 mg capsule into your aquarium for every
10 gallons of water.
- Perform a partial water change between 18 and 24
hours after dosing your tank.
- Add another 250 mg capsule per 10 gallons of water
to your tank 24 hours after the first dose was administered. Continue
dosing your aquarium once daily for 5 to 10 days.
- Stop treatment if no improvement in your fish is
noted after 5 days.
- Treat dogs and cats with 9 to 18 mg per pound of
body weight every 8 hours.
Frequency of Use:
Give Fish Cillin for at least 5 days and for no longer
than 10 days unless specifically told otherwise by your veterinarian.
Store Fish Cillin at room temperature, out of reach
of pets and children. Keep in the original packaging.
It is a violation of Federal
Law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling.
The active ingredient in Fish Cillin, ampicillin,
works by preventing bacteria from properly forming cell walls. Without
a cell wall, unwanted substances are allowed to enter the cells and
the cell contents are able to leak out. This action kills the bacteria
responsible for infection.
Keep this product out of reach of children and animals.
Do not use or store in or near open flame or heat.
Fish Cillin is intended for use in aquarium and ornamental
fish only. It may also be given to dogs and cats with veterinarian approval.
Not for use in horses or human.
CAUTION: This medication may cause severe
diarrhea when given orally at high doses.
Do not give Fish Cillin to animals allergic to penicillin.
Short-term use of this medication does not usually
cause side effects. If your pet experiences an adverse reaction to Fish
Cillin, consult your veterinarian for advice.