Anipryl (selegiline) 5 mg, 30 Tablets (1010421)
Anipryl 5 mg, 30 Tablets is the first FDA-approved monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) used to treat Canine Cognitive Dysfunction Syndrome. Anipryl (selegiline) also treats the symptoms associated with pituitary-dependent canine Cushing's Disease. Comes in easy-to-administer oral tablets with five different strengths.
- Monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) for dogs
- Helps manage the symptoms of canine Cushing's Disease
- Used to treat dogs with behavioral changes brought on by aging and senility
- Easy, once-daily oral dosing
- Manufacturer information and usage
My dog was diagnosed with canine cognitive dysfunction, which is the same sort of disease as Alzheimer's in people. He was becoming more and more confused and cranky, he did not seem to recognize my daughter when she'd visit from out of town even though they grew up together, and he never wanted to play or do anything at all anymore. He is doing better now on this medication. I would not say 100% better, but he definitely seems more like the dog I've raised.