Penicillin G Livestock Antibiotics
Penicillin G Benzathine with Procaine and Penicillin G Procaine are two injectable antibiotics that are used to treat a variety of different diseases caused by gram-positive organisms in livestock and horses. Some of the infections treated with Penicillin G are bacterial pneumonia, upper respiratory infections, blackleg, and strangles.
Penicillin G is an effective antibiotic for treating a variety of bacterial infections. Beef cattle, sheep, swine, and horses can all be treated with either Penicillin G Benzathine or Penicillin G Procaine. Both forms are intramuscular injections.
Benefits of Penicillin G
- Useful when long-term low doses of penicillin are required
- Fights gram-positive bacteria and a handful of gram-negative microorganisms
- The added procaine works as a pain reliever to make deep muscle injections easier
- Used on large animals and livestock
- Must be stored in a refrigerator